Clustaar is chatbot software mainly focused on customer service. They say that “You can automatically answer 65% of customer support queries” with their software.
We are going to check out if they live up to that statement and whether you should buy their software to build your chatbots.
Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
When logging in at Clustaar, you will first see an overview of your chatbots:
Once you click on one of them, you will get an overview of all your chatbot flows (called “Stories” in Clustaar):
On the left hand, you have a menu with multiple options:
- Dashboard (shows some analytics)
- Stories (chatbot flows)
- Setup AI
- Inbox (Live Chat)
When you are going to build your chatbot flows, Clustaar provides a Visual Flow Builder:
Where you can easily add and delete your chatbot elements:
Overall, the interface of Clustaar is really easy to use and it is easy to set up a chatbot. With their visual flow builder, you have a good overview of the structure of your chatbot flows.
Moreover, you can test your chatbot inside the interface, before you actually making the changes live.
- Visual Flow BuilderCreate chatbot dialogs with a visual flow builder.
- Test chatbotIs it possible to test the chatbot before putting your new flows or changes live?
- Interface easy to use?Is the chatbot platform easy-to-use?
- Easy to setup a chatbot?Is it easy to set up your chatbot with this chatbot platform?
Clustaar has enough elements to build your chatbot.
They also miss some elements: Video, Audio, Attachment, Vertical Lists and Validation.
But, they still provide enough elements to build your chatbot.
A nice feature they provide is the “User Feedback” element, which allows you to ask some questions about the conversation to the user:
- DelaysUse delays between messages in your chatbot
- ImagesCan you send images via your chatbot?
- VideoCan you send video via your chatbot?
- AudioCan you send audio via your chatbot?
- AttachmentsCan you send attachments via your chatbot?
- Gallery (Horizontal list)Show a gallery of cards inside your chatbot. A card consists of an image, title, subtitle and button.
- Vertical listShow a vertical list of items inside your chatbot
- EmojisCan you use emojis inside your chatbot?
- Persistent MenuCan you add a persistent menu to your chatbot?
- Quick RepliesCan you add quick replies to your chatbot where users can click on?
- ButtonsCan you add buttons to your chatbot where users can click on?
- Free text inputCan chatbot users freely type text to your chatbot whenever they want to?
- Location sharingCan users share their location inside the chatbot?
- Email validationWhen a chatbot user gives their email, can the platform validate it's a correct email address?
- Phone number validationWhen a chatbot user gives their phone number, can the platform validate it's a correct phone number?
- Date validationWhen a chatbot user gives a date, can the platform validate it's a correct date?
With Clustaar, you can add custom fields to your users, such as their name or email.
Unfortunately, you cannot add tags, but this can be solved by using custom fields as a tag, so this is not a huge problem.
Also, you cannot see a complete overview of all the users that ever interacted with your chatbot. Therefore, it is not possible to create user segments.
- Custom fieldsStore information from your chatbot users inside fields. For example, you can ask for someone's email and store it inside the "email" custom field.
- TagsAdd tags to users in your chatbot flows to organize and categorize contacts.
- User segmentsCan you create user segments based on custom fields and tags?
Unfortunately, you cannot send broadcasts or sequences with Clustaar. This is because they are mostly focusing on customer service, which is as simple as a user asking a question and a chatbot providing an answer.
On the bright side, you can use conditions in your chatbot flows to create a more personalized experience.
Also, you can create a chatbot in multiple languages and easily translate your chatbot. Currently, these are so-called “ghost bots”. Once you create a chatbot in English and you want one in a different language, the chatbot is automatically translated to French. If you make a change to your English chatbot, the French chatbot will also be automatically changed.
Right now, this is a custom feature (so I couldn’t test it), but they are currently working on it to make it a standard feature in Clustaar.
- BroadcastsSend a message to all or a part of your chatbot users at a specific date and time
- SequencesSend messages on a pre-defined schedule with a certain time interval between those messages
- ConditionsMake checks in your chatbot flow based on if-then logic. For example, if the user has not given their email, ask for their email.
- Multiple languagesIs it possible to create a chatbot in multiple languages?
- Easy to translateCan you translate text to other languages without using a third-party platform and without creating duplicate flows?
AI & NLP
This is one of the best parts of Clustaar.
They provide a complete AI engine inside Clustaar. You can grab the intent of the user, use entities and even use synonyms.
It is just as simple as creating an intent and adding the right keywords to match the intent:
You can even determine the Matching Method of your intent:
They also have a template named “Small Talk”, which allows your chatbot to just have a little talk with your user. Really useful template, because now you don’t have to do that yourself.
- KeywordsTrigger chatbot flow based on certain words or phrases a user says to the chatbot.
- IntentsTrigger a chatbot flow by understanding the intent of the user.
- EntitiesCapture specific information from sentences. For example, if a user says "veggie pizza", the chatbot can understand it's not a regular pizza, but a veggie pizza.
- Dialogflow integrationDoes the chatbot platform provide a direct integration with Google's AI Platform?
With Clustaar, you can put your chatbot on 6 different platforms:
- SMS (using their direct integration with Twilio)
- Google Assistant
- iAdvize (French platform)
Email is also available, but only to send stand-alone emails, not complete email campaigns.
- WebsiteCan you publish your chatbot on your website?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Facebook?
- Can you publish your chatbot on WhatsApp?
- TelegramCan you publish your chatbot on Telegram?
- SMSCan you publish your chatbot on SMS?
- SlackCan you publish your chatbot on Slack?
- SkypeCan you publish your chatbot on Skype?
- Can you publish your chatbot on email?
Clustaar has a built-in live chat, which is the most important integration of any chatbot software.
Moreover, they have a Zapier integration, which allows you to connect with almost software on earth.
I’ve talked with Clustaar and they said they are extending their integrations, so hopefully there will be more in the future.
- LivechatDirect integration with live chat, either via a built-in live chat functionality or a third-party live chat platform.
- ZapierDirect integration with Zapier, one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Make (formerly Integromat)Direct integration with Make (formerly Integromat), one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Google SheetsDirect integration with Google Sheets, to store or retrieve data from sheets.
- WebhooksCan you call a webhook inside your chatbot flow to send data to other applications?
The marketing possibilities of Clustaar are pretty limited. This is because they are mainly focusing on customer service and less on the marketing side.
With Clustaar, it is only possible to put a widget on your website, in your website’s branding.
- Facebook website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a Facebook Widget on your website.
- Native website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a native widget (your own branding & colors) on your website.
- Landing pagesCan you create a simple landing page to drive users to your chatbot?
- Facebook AdsStart a conversation with your chatbot when someone clicks on a Facebook Ad
- One-Time NotificationSend one-time notifications via Facebook Messenger for a topic that a chatbot user has opted-in for
- Facebook comments auto-replyAutomatically reply with your chatbot to users who comment on your Facebook Posts
- Button creatorAdd a button to your website to drive users to your chatbot
- Custom URLs for your chatbotGenerate a simple URL that can be shared anywhere to send users to your chatbot
Clustaar has three plans. Their Basic Plan comes with 1500 interactions per month, unlimited intents and stories and limited features.
Their Advanced and Premium plans offer more interactions per month as well as more features:
But there is nothing to say about the price because Clustaar doesn’t disclose this on their website.
All their prices are custom per client, so I have really no idea of their costs.
- Free trialDoes the chatbot platform provide a free trial?
- Free planDoes the chatbot platform provide a free plan?
- Price per monthWhat is the lowest price per month for creating a chatbot on this platform?
- Monthly pricing available?Is it possible to pay monthly?
- Money back guaranteeIs there a money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the platform?
The analytics of Clustaar are excellent. One of the best I’ve ever seen in any chatbot software.
What I most like about their analytics, are the Intent Suggestions.
If a chatbot doesn’t understand a question asked by the user, Clustaar will automatically group similar questions and will suggest an intent for you:
This way, you don’t need to check every message in your analytics and check which ones are similar, because Clustaar already does this for you. Awesome feature!
Moreover, they provide a dashboard where you can see the number of interactions and users:
Furthermore, you can see the statistics for your intents:
And the statistics per story:
Thus, they do absolutely great on analytics!
- DashboardDashboard that provides general analytics of your chatbot.
- User inputGet the input from users that your chatbot didn't understand.
- Sent messagesThe number of messages that were sent by your chatbot.
- Open rateThe percentage of chatbot users that opened a message inside your chatbot.
- Click rateThe percentage of chatbot users that click on a button inside your chatbot.
- Conversion rateThe percentage of users that converted through your chatbot. For example, the percentage of users that gave their email address
- Fall back rateThe percentage of interactions where the chatbot did not know an answer to a question.
- Custom dashboards/reportsCan you create your own dashboard or reports?
Clustaar doesn’t have any direct eCommerce integrations.
But, with Zapier, you can still connect to any eCommerce software (as long as they have a Zapier integration too).
- PaymentsCollect payments inside your chatbot
- ShopifyDirect integration with Shopify to get products, order information and cart data.
- WooCommerceDirect integration with WooCommerce to get products, order information and cart data.
- Buy directly within the chatbotAbility for chatbot users to buy products or services directly from a chatbot
- Cart abandonmentTrigger messages in the chatbot when a user abandons their cart on a website or inside the chatbot
Templates & Cloning
Clustaar provides 9 templates that you can immediately install to create your chatbot.
Unfortunately, you cannot make these templates yourself and share these with others.
On the other hand, you can duplicate your chatbot flows, so you can easily reuse them.
- TemplatesHow many pre-built templates does the chatbot platform provide?9
- Make templateCan you make templates yourself?
- Share templateCan you share self-created templates with others?
- Duplicate chatbot flowsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot flows, so you can easily reuse them?
- Duplicate chatbot elementsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot elements, so you can easily reuse them?
With Clustaar it is not possible to do any kind of optimization, such as A/B Testing.
- A/B TestingCan you optimize your chatbot flows by performing A/B tests?
Clustaar provides decent documentation and video tutorials on Youtube.
Moreover, they provide customer support via email.
- TutorialsDoes the chatbot platform provide tutorials on how to use its platform?
- DocumentationDoes the chatbot platform provide documentation on how to use its platform?
- Customer supportDoes the chatbot platform provide customer support?
So, should I buy Clustaar to build my chatbots?
Yes, I would.
But, I would only use it for customer service. Clustaar has a great visual flow builder, enough chatbot elements, user feedback feature, make a chatbot in multiple languages, awesome built-in AI engine, you can put your chatbot on 6 different channels, built-in live chat, Zapier integration and excellent analytics.
The only drawback of Clustaar is that they have limited marketing possibilities. So, I wouldn’t recommend Clustaar if you want to use for campaigns or ads, because Clustaar doesn’t provide these capabilities.