Kommunicate is live chat and chatbot software for websites. With Kommunicate you can easily ask questions to the user and hand off the conversation to a human.
Also, you can create a chatbot in under 5 minutes. But the question is, should you use Kommunicate to build your chatbots?
Let’s find out!
Table of Contents
The first time you log in to Kommunicate, they provide a step-by-step setup, so you get started right away:
Then, if you are going to create your chatbot flows, Kommunicate makes use of a kind of Block builder to create your conversations.
On the left-hand side, you can determine your chatbot flows and your chatbot elements and on the right-side, you automatically see a preview of the conversation:
Moreover, in Kommunicate, you can easily test the conversation before it goes live:
- Visual Flow BuilderCreate chatbot dialogs with a visual flow builder.
- Test chatbotIs it possible to test the chatbot before putting your new flows or changes live?
- Interface easy to use?Is the chatbot platform easy-to-use?
- Easy to setup a chatbot?Is it easy to set up your chatbot with this chatbot platform?
As you could have seen in the previous section, the chatbot elements of Kommunicate are a bit minimal.
It is only possible to use text, buttons, images, delays and a custom payload (code).
But, I think it is still enough to create a good chatbot flow.
- DelaysUse delays between messages in your chatbot
- ImagesCan you send images via your chatbot?
- VideoCan you send video via your chatbot?
- AudioCan you send audio via your chatbot?
- AttachmentsCan you send attachments via your chatbot?
- Gallery (Horizontal list)Show a gallery of cards inside your chatbot. A card consists of an image, title, subtitle and button.
- Vertical listShow a vertical list of items inside your chatbot
- EmojisCan you use emojis inside your chatbot?
- Persistent MenuCan you add a persistent menu to your chatbot?
- Quick RepliesCan you add quick replies to your chatbot where users can click on?
- ButtonsCan you add buttons to your chatbot where users can click on?
- Free text inputCan chatbot users freely type text to your chatbot whenever they want to?
- Location sharingCan users share their location inside the chatbot?
- Email validationWhen a chatbot user gives their email, can the platform validate it's a correct email address?
- Phone number validationWhen a chatbot user gives their phone number, can the platform validate it's a correct phone number?
- Date validationWhen a chatbot user gives a date, can the platform validate it's a correct date?
Here is one of the biggest disadvantages of Kommunicate: it is not possible to create custom fields and tags (with your chatbot).
For example, it is not possible to ask for the email of the user and automatically store it in an “email” custom field.
Therefore, it is not possible to create user segments, because we have no user information to segment on.
The only thing that is possible is that you can see a complete overview of your users that interacted with your chatbot:
- Custom fieldsStore information from your chatbot users inside fields. For example, you can ask for someone's email and store it inside the "email" custom field.
- TagsAdd tags to users in your chatbot flows to organize and categorize contacts.
- User segmentsCan you create user segments based on custom fields and tags?
Because Kommunicate only provides chatbots and live chat for websites, it is not possible to send broadcasts and sequences (which is logical).
Furthermore, it is not possible to use conditions, which is a bit of a drawback. For example, it would be useful to check if a live chat agent is online, and show a different message accordingly. But this is not possible with Kommunicate.
Moreover, you cannot have a chatbot that handles multiple languages.
- BroadcastsSend a message to all or a part of your chatbot users at a specific date and time
- SequencesSend messages on a pre-defined schedule with a certain time interval between those messages
- ConditionsMake checks in your chatbot flow based on if-then logic. For example, if the user has not given their email, ask for their email.
- Multiple languagesIs it possible to create a chatbot in multiple languages?
- Easy to translateCan you translate text to other languages without using a third-party platform and without creating duplicate flows?
AI & NLP
Kommunicate does pretty well on AI & NLP.
With Kommunicate you can understand the intent of the user by adding keywords:
If that’s not enough for you, you can also use a complete Dialogflow agent with Kommunicate. It must be important to note that you cannot use Kommunicate intents and Dialogflow intents in addition to each other, it’s one or the other.
Also, next to Dialogflow, they provide integrations with other AI systems, such as Amazon Lex and IBM Watson Assistant.
- KeywordsTrigger chatbot flow based on certain words or phrases a user says to the chatbot.
- IntentsTrigger a chatbot flow by understanding the intent of the user.
- EntitiesCapture specific information from sentences. For example, if a user says "veggie pizza", the chatbot can understand it's not a regular pizza, but a veggie pizza.
- Dialogflow integrationDoes the chatbot platform provide a direct integration with Google's AI Platform?
With Kommunciate.io, you can put a chatbot on your website and one on Facebook Messenger (available from the Pro plan).
- WebsiteCan you publish your chatbot on your website?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Facebook?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Instagram?
- Can you publish your chatbot on WhatsApp?
- TelegramCan you publish your chatbot on Telegram?
- SMSCan you publish your chatbot on SMS?
- SlackCan you publish your chatbot on Slack?
- SkypeCan you publish your chatbot on Skype?
- Can you publish your chatbot on email?
Kommunicate has a built-in live chat, which is the most important integration of any chatbot software:
What I think is a nice addition of Kommunicate, is that you can also display your helpdesk articles inside your chatbot:
Moreover, they do provide native integrations with:
- Agile CRM
Also, you can create your own webhooks with Kommunicate.
- LivechatDirect integration with live chat, either via a built-in live chat functionality or a third-party live chat platform.
- ZapierDirect integration with Zapier, one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Make (formerly Integromat)Direct integration with Make (formerly Integromat), one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Google SheetsDirect integration with Google Sheets, to store or retrieve data from sheets.
- WebhooksCan you call a webhook inside your chatbot flow to send data to other applications?
The marketing possibilities of Kommunicate are a bit limited, because it is only possible to have a native widget on your website.
With the website widget, you can determine your own colors and branding:
Also, you can determine a greeting message which displays after certain seconds:
I must admit for a chatbot builder that is focused on websites, you would expect a more advanced website widget. For example, it is not possible to show a different greeting message per page on your website (without coding it yourself).
- Facebook website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a Facebook Widget on your website.
- Native website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a native widget (your own branding & colors) on your website.
- Landing pagesCan you create a simple landing page to drive users to your chatbot?
- Facebook AdsStart a conversation with your chatbot when someone clicks on a Facebook Ad
- One-Time NotificationSend one-time notifications via Facebook Messenger for a topic that a chatbot user has opted-in for
- Facebook comments auto-replyAutomatically reply with your chatbot to users who comment on your Facebook Posts
- Button creatorAdd a button to your website to drive users to your chatbot
- Custom URLs for your chatbotGenerate a simple URL that can be shared anywhere to send users to your chatbot
Kommunicate has a 30-days free trial that gives you plenty of time to test out their platform.
The first paid plan is the Start plan, which costs $40 per month and comes with unlimited chatbots and 1000 users per month, live chat, integrations with Dialogflow, Amazon Lex and IBM Watson Assistant and basic analytics.
If you want more tan that, you need to go with the Grow plan, which is $100 per month. It comes with all the features of the Start plan, 5000 users per month, WhatsApp integration, integrations with Pipedrive and Agile CRM, templates and more advanced analytics:
I must say that for these prices, you would expect the ability to store data in custom fields, a more advanced website widget and a Facebook Messenger channel with more marketing possibilities. Also, I think it is a drawback you need to pay $400 per month to use the Facebook Messenger channel.
- Free trialDoes the chatbot platform provide a free trial?
- Free planDoes the chatbot platform provide a free plan?
- Price per monthWhat is the lowest price per month for creating a chatbot on this platform?24
- Monthly pricing available?Is it possible to pay monthly?
- Money back guaranteeIs there a money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the platform?
Kommunicate provides two kinds of analytics: Human-agent analytics and Bot Analytics.
The human agent analytics are analytics of live chat agents, such as how fast they responded, how many messages were handled and the average resolution time:
The bot analytics involve how many messages were handed off to humans, how many conversations were handled by the chatbot and the analytics per intent:
What I like about the analytics of Kommunicate is that you can see the messages the chatbot did not understand, which allows you to easily improve the answers of your chatbot:
- DashboardDashboard that provides general analytics of your chatbot.
- User inputGet the input from users that your chatbot didn't understand.
- Sent messagesThe number of messages that were sent by your chatbot.
- Open rateThe percentage of chatbot users that opened a message inside your chatbot.
- Click rateThe percentage of chatbot users that click on a button inside your chatbot.
- Conversion rateThe percentage of users that converted through your chatbot. For example, the percentage of users that gave their email address
- Fall back rateThe percentage of interactions where the chatbot did not know an answer to a question.
- Custom dashboards/reportsCan you create your own dashboard or reports?
Unfortunately, Kommunicate doesn’t provide any eCommerce integrations.
- PaymentsCollect payments inside your chatbot
- ShopifyDirect integration with Shopify to get products, order information and cart data.
- WooCommerceDirect integration with WooCommerce to get products, order information and cart data.
- Buy directly within the chatbotAbility for chatbot users to buy products or services directly from a chatbot
- Cart abandonmentTrigger messages in the chatbot when a user abandons their cart on a website or inside the chatbot
Templates & Cloning
Kommunicate doesn’t provide any templates that you can use.
Also, it is not possible to duplicate chatbot flows or chatbot elements.
- TemplatesHow many pre-built templates does the chatbot platform provide?0
- Make templateCan you make templates yourself?
- Share templateCan you share self-created templates with others?
- Duplicate chatbot flowsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot flows, so you can easily reuse them?
- Duplicate chatbot elementsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot elements, so you can easily reuse them?
With Kommunicate you cannot do any optimization, such as A/B Testing.
- A/B TestingCan you optimize your chatbot flows by performing A/B tests?
Kommunicate provides documentation and Youtube tutorials on how you can use their platform.
Moreover, they provide customer support over live chat and email.
- TutorialsDoes the chatbot platform provide tutorials on how to use its platform?
- DocumentationDoes the chatbot platform provide documentation on how to use its platform?
- Customer supportDoes the chatbot platform provide customer support?
So, would I use Kommunicate to build my chatbots?
Only for one specific scenario: if you want to qualify users at the beginning of the conversation and hand them over to a human.
This is where Kommunicate is pretty good at. With Kommunicate it is easy to set up a chatbot in minutes, ask some standard questions to the user and hand them over to a live chat agent.
But it also has some disadvantages:
- You cannot store data in custom fields
- It is not possible to use conditions in your chatbot conversations
- For a chatbot builder that is focused on websites, you would expect a more advanced website widget
- Limited marketing possibilities
- A small number of chatbot elements