Userbot is chatbot software for websites, Facebook Messenger, Slack and Twitter. They describe themselves as “Artificial Intelligence made by humans, for humans.”
The question is: Should you buy this chatbot software to build your chatbots? Let’s find out!
For this review of Userbot, I used the criteria in my post “How to choose the best chatbot software“.
Table of Contents
I really like the user interface of Userbot.
When you first start with Userbot, they provide a complete step-by-step guide in the things you need to know for building your own chatbot:
Even with small pop-ups that show you where to click and how to use their platform:
This is really useful when you are not familiar with building chatbots, because it shows you all the steps you need to do to make a chatbot.
Next, Userbot makes use of Visual Flow Builder to make your chatbot flows:
With their Visual Flow Builder and the step-by-step guide, it is really easy to set up your chatbot. Also, the interface is extremely easy to use.
Furthermore, you can even test your chatbot in the Userbot interface:
- Visual Flow BuilderCreate chatbot dialogs with a visual flow builder.
- Test chatbotIs it possible to test the chatbot before putting your new flows or changes live?
- Interface easy to use?Is the chatbot platform easy-to-use?
- Easy to setup a chatbot?Is it easy to set up your chatbot with this chatbot platform?
Userbot is pretty limited on the subject of chatbot elements.
It is only possible to use three elements:
With their “Forms” element, you can ask for user information, such as their name or email.
Usually, you would expect that you can ask these form questions in a conversational manner, but with Userbot this is not possible.
Userbot is just showing a form inside the chatbot, like this:
For me, this is a huge drawback. One of the benefits of chatbots is that users don’t need to fill in boring forms and you can ask questions more engagingly. This is unfortunately not possible with Userbot, because they just put a form in the chatbot.
- DelaysUse delays between messages in your chatbot
- ImagesCan you send images via your chatbot?
- VideoCan you send video via your chatbot?
- AudioCan you send audio via your chatbot?
- AttachmentsCan you send attachments via your chatbot?
- Gallery (Horizontal list)Show a gallery of cards inside your chatbot. A card consists of an image, title, subtitle and button.
- Vertical listShow a vertical list of items inside your chatbot
- EmojisCan you use emojis inside your chatbot?
- Persistent MenuCan you add a persistent menu to your chatbot?
- Quick RepliesCan you add quick replies to your chatbot where users can click on?
- ButtonsCan you add buttons to your chatbot where users can click on?
- Free text inputCan chatbot users freely type text to your chatbot whenever they want to?
- Location sharingCan users share their location inside the chatbot?
- Email validationWhen a chatbot user gives their email, can the platform validate it's a correct email address?
- Phone number validationWhen a chatbot user gives their phone number, can the platform validate it's a correct phone number?
- Date validationWhen a chatbot user gives a date, can the platform validate it's a correct date?
With Userbot, it is not possible to see an overview of all the users that interacted with your chatbot, so this is a drawback.
On the other hand, you can see all the conversations with your chatbot in the “Chats” tab:
But there is something strange with Userbot.
In Userbot, you can make forms in which you ask for information about the user and store it in a custom field.
But the problem is, is when you look at the user details in the “Chats” section, you don’t see those filled-in custom fields:
It’s like you can ask for information about the user, but you cannot see that information in Userbot.
So that makes their custom fields feature almost completely useless.
- Custom fieldsStore information from your chatbot users inside fields. For example, you can ask for someone's email and store it inside the "email" custom field.
- TagsAdd tags to users in your chatbot flows to organize and categorize contacts.
- User segmentsCan you create user segments based on custom fields and tags?
Unfortunately, Userbot performs really bad on this one.
It is not possible to send broadcasts and sequences, use conditions or create a chatbot in multiple languages.
- BroadcastsSend a message to all or a part of your chatbot users at a specific date and time
- SequencesSend messages on a pre-defined schedule with a certain time interval between those messages
- ConditionsMake checks in your chatbot flow based on if-then logic. For example, if the user has not given their email, ask for their email.
- Multiple languagesIs it possible to create a chatbot in multiple languages?
- Easy to translateCan you translate text to other languages without using a third-party platform and without creating duplicate flows?
AI & NLP
With Userbot, it is possible to recognize keywords in three ways:
- A message contains all the words
- And the message is exactly
Also, they have the option “It’s similar to”, which means that you can grab the intent of the user:
Currently, it is only possible to use Entities in the Enterprise plan (which I didn’t have access to), so I couldn’t test this out. But I spoke with Userbot and they said that is possible with their platform.
- KeywordsTrigger chatbot flow based on certain words or phrases a user says to the chatbot.
- IntentsTrigger a chatbot flow by understanding the intent of the user.
- EntitiesCapture specific information from sentences. For example, if a user says "veggie pizza", the chatbot can understand it's not a regular pizza, but a veggie pizza.
- Dialogflow integrationDoes the chatbot platform provide a direct integration with Google's AI Platform?
Userbot provides four channels that you can put your chatbot on:
- Facebook Messenger
So this allows you to create an omnichannel experience for your customers, which is a benefit.
- WebsiteCan you publish your chatbot on your website?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Facebook?
- Can you publish your chatbot on WhatsApp?
- TelegramCan you publish your chatbot on Telegram?
- SMSCan you publish your chatbot on SMS?
- SlackCan you publish your chatbot on Slack?
- SkypeCan you publish your chatbot on Skype?
- Can you publish your chatbot on email?
Userbot has its own live chat, which is the most important integration of any chatbot software.
But I must say, this live chat is pretty basic.
Usually, when the chatbot cannot give an answer to the user, the chat is handed over to a live chat agent. And when the live chat agent has answered the question of the user, the chatbot is reactivated again.
But with Userbot, you cannot reactivate your chatbot again. Furthermore, it is not possible to send a certain chatbot flow to the user in their live chat section.
Moreover, Userbot has a Zapier integration that allows you to connect your chatbot with other software, such as your CRM.
- LivechatDirect integration with live chat, either via a built-in live chat functionality or a third-party live chat platform.
- ZapierDirect integration with Zapier, one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Make (formerly Integromat)Direct integration with Make (formerly Integromat), one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Google SheetsDirect integration with Google Sheets, to store or retrieve data from sheets.
- WebhooksCan you call an API inside your chatbot flow to send or get data from other applications?
Userbot provides a native website widget that you can fully customize to your website’s branding:
But that is it. It is not possible to have a Facebook website widget, create landing pages, connect your chatbot to Facebook ads, use the One-Time Notification, automatically reply to Facebook comments, create buttons or create custom URLs to your chatbot.
- Facebook website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a Facebook Widget on your website.
- Native website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a native widget (your own branding & colors) on your website.
- Landing pagesCan you create a simple landing page to drive users to your chatbot?
- Facebook AdsStart a conversation with your chatbot when someone clicks on a Facebook Ad
- One-Time NotificationSend one-time notifications via Facebook Messenger for a topic that a chatbot user has opted-in for
- Facebook comments auto-replyAutomatically reply with your chatbot to users who comment on your Facebook Posts
- Button creatorAdd a button to your website to drive users to your chatbot
- Custom URLs for your chatbotGenerate a simple URL that can be shared anywhere to send users to your chatbot
When I first started with Userbot, I directly needed to fill in my credit card information for their free trial:
And I know that is still a 14-day free trial, but I don’t like it when I immediately need to fill in my credit card information.
Userbot has a free plan that stays free forever. It comes with 20 users per month, the web chat widget, analytics, 1 bot flow and Slack as a channel.
Their first paid plan (Lite) is €29 per month and comes with 200 users per month, a Facebook channel, NLP, Chat rating and email support:
A drawback of their pricing is that even in the Pro plan (which is €49 per month), the Userbot branding is still not removed from the chatbot.
Also, when you want more users than 200 or you want more live chat agents, the packages cost more:
- Free trialDoes the chatbot platform provide a free trial?
- Free planDoes the chatbot platform provide a free plan?
- Price per monthWhat is the lowest price per month for creating a chatbot on this platform?29
- Monthly pricing available?Is it possible to pay monthly?
- Money back guaranteeIs there a money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the platform?
Userbot provides a dashboard in which you can see the number of messages, number of messages that are handled by the chatbot and average response time:
Also, you can analyze the user input that the chatbot didn’t understand:
This allows you to easily improve the answers of your chatbot.
- DashboardDashboard that provides general analytics of your chatbot.
- User inputGet the input from users that your chatbot didn't understand.
- Sent messagesThe number of messages that were sent by your chatbot.
- Open rateThe percentage of chatbot users that opened a message inside your chatbot.
- Click rateThe percentage of chatbot users that click on a button inside your chatbot.
- Conversion rateThe percentage of users that converted through your chatbot. For example, the percentage of users that gave their email address
- Fall back rateThe percentage of interactions where the chatbot did not know an answer to a question.
- Custom dashboards/reportsCan you create your own dashboard or reports?
Userbot provides no eCommerce integrations.
- PaymentsCollect payments inside your chatbot
- ShopifyDirect integration with Shopify to get products, order information and cart data.
- WooCommerceDirect integration with WooCommerce to get products, order information and cart data.
- Buy directly within the chatbotAbility for chatbot users to buy products or services directly from a chatbot
- Cart abandonmentTrigger messages in the chatbot when a user abandons their cart on a website or inside the chatbot
Templates & Cloning
Userbot provides 0 templates that you can use to create your chatbots.
Furthermore, it is not possible to create templates yourself and share those with others.
On the other hand, it is possible to duplicate your chatbot elements, which allow you to easily reuse them.
- TemplatesHow many pre-built templates does the chatbot platform provide?0
- Make templateCan you make templates yourself?
- Share templateCan you share self-created templates with others?
- Duplicate chatbot flowsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot flows, so you can easily reuse them?
- Duplicate chatbot elementsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot elements, so you can easily reuse them?
Userbot provides no support for optimization, such as A/B Testing.
- A/B TestingCan you optimize your chatbot flows by performing A/B tests?
Userbot provides its step-by-step guide, which explains how you can use their platform to make chatbots.
Furthermore, they have videos on Youtube, but these are only in Italian, and not English.
Also, they provide customer support over email.
- TutorialsDoes the chatbot platform provide tutorials on how to use its platform?
- DocumentationDoes the chatbot platform provide documentation on how to use its platform?
- Customer supportDoes the chatbot platform provide customer support?
So, should you buy Userbot to create your chatbots?
No, I wouldn’t recommend that.
Userbot is good in one thing: giving answers to questions. They have a good interface, an easy-to-use visual flow builder, built-in live chat, a native website widget, built-in AI & NLP, you can put your chatbot on four channels and decent analytics.
But there are also some drawbacks:
- You cannot make custom fields, tags or user segments (or see the info in a custom field)
- It is not possible to send broadcasts & sequences
- You cannot use conditions in your chatbot flows
- Limited chatbot elements
- Limited marketing possibilities
And for me, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages of Userbot. If Userbot would improve their live chat, the ability to see the info in a custom field and provide more marketing possibilities, I would definitely recommend them.