Tidio is “Live Chat boosted with Bots”. They are mainly focused on websites, but it is also possible to put a chatbot on Facebook Messenger. Tidio is already featured on Forbes and Fox News, so they could be really interesting, right?
So let’s find out whether you should buy Tidio to build your chatbots!
Table of Contents
The first time you make an account with Tidio, you go through a step-by-step setup, which I found really useful (especially when you are just beginning with chatbots):
Then, if you go to the dashboard, you automatically see the next six steps you need to do to use Tidio to your full potential:
When you are going to create your chatbots, Tidio makes use of a Visual Flow Builder:
This Flow builder works as follows. You first set a Trigger, this is what starts the conversation. For example, a website visitor is talking to your chatbot or the user is visiting a certain page.
Then, you can make Actions, which are chatbot elements, such as text, galleries or asking for user input.
If you think you’ve finished your chatbot flow, you can also test your chatbot before it actually goes live:
Overall, an extremely easy-to-use interface and you can set up your chatbot in minutes!
- Visual Flow BuilderCreate chatbot dialogs with a visual flow builder.
- Test chatbotIs it possible to test the chatbot before putting your new flows or changes live?
- Interface easy to use?Is the chatbot platform easy-to-use?
- Easy to setup a chatbot?Is it easy to set up your chatbot with this chatbot platform?
Tidio has enough chatbot elements to use in your flows:
However, it does lack some elements that could be important for you, such as Video, Audio, Attachments and Date Validation.
But, to my opinion, still enough elements to create your chatbot flows.
- DelaysUse delays between messages in your chatbot
- ImagesCan you send images via your chatbot?
- VideoCan you send video via your chatbot?
- AudioCan you send audio via your chatbot?
- AttachmentsCan you send attachments via your chatbot?
- Gallery (Horizontal list)Show a gallery of cards inside your chatbot. A card consists of an image, title, subtitle and button.
- Vertical listShow a vertical list of items inside your chatbot
- EmojisCan you use emojis inside your chatbot?
- Persistent MenuCan you add a persistent menu to your chatbot?
- Quick RepliesCan you add quick replies to your chatbot where users can click on?
- ButtonsCan you add buttons to your chatbot where users can click on?
- Free text inputCan chatbot users freely type text to your chatbot whenever they want to?
- Location sharingCan users share their location inside the chatbot?
- Email validationWhen a chatbot user gives their email, can the platform validate it's a correct email address?
- Phone number validationWhen a chatbot user gives their phone number, can the platform validate it's a correct phone number?
- Date validationWhen a chatbot user gives a date, can the platform validate it's a correct date?
In Tidio you can see a complete overview of all the users that interacted with your chatbot:
Moreover, when you click on one of the users, you can see the chat they had with your chatbot on the left side and all the user information on the right side:
From this overview, you can also see that you can add custom fields and tags to a user. Moreover, you can also create your own user segments by using Filters in the user overview and then click on “Save as segment”.
- Custom fieldsStore information from your chatbot users inside fields. For example, you can ask for someone's email and store it inside the "email" custom field.
- TagsAdd tags to users in your chatbot flows to organize and categorize contacts.
- User segmentsCan you create user segments based on custom fields and tags?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to send broadcasts and sequences with Tidio. This is also logical, because Tidio is mostly focused on websites.
Moreover, you can use conditions in your chatbot flows, where you can condition on several characteristics:
Next, you can also create a chatbot in multiple languages, but it is not easy to translate your chatbot (you need to make a lot of conditions where you condition on the language the user has…)
- BroadcastsSend a message to all or a part of your chatbot users at a specific date and time
- SequencesSend messages on a pre-defined schedule with a certain time interval between those messages
- ConditionsMake checks in your chatbot flow based on if-then logic. For example, if the user has not given their email, ask for their email.
- Multiple languagesIs it possible to create a chatbot in multiple languages?
- Easy to translateCan you translate text to other languages without using a third-party platform and without creating duplicate flows?
AI & NLP
Tidio provides keyword recognition and can grab the intent of the user.
At the beginning of a flow, you can select the “Visitor says” trigger, where you can input several training phrases for that chatbot flow:
Then, based on those inputs, the AI of the chatbot will train itself and you can create an appropriate response.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to use Entities with Tidio.
- KeywordsTrigger chatbot flow based on certain words or phrases a user says to the chatbot.
- IntentsTrigger a chatbot flow by understanding the intent of the user.
- EntitiesCapture specific information from sentences. For example, if a user says "veggie pizza", the chatbot can understand it's not a regular pizza, but a veggie pizza.
- Dialogflow integrationDoes the chatbot platform provide a direct integration with Google's AI Platform?
With Tidio, it is possible to put a chatbot on your website and on Facebook Messenger.
Moreover, you can also automatically send emails from Tidio.
This allows you to create an omnichannel experience, at least for websites, Facebook Messenger and Email.
- WebsiteCan you publish your chatbot on your website?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Facebook?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Instagram?
- Can you publish your chatbot on WhatsApp?
- TelegramCan you publish your chatbot on Telegram?
- SMSCan you publish your chatbot on SMS?
- SlackCan you publish your chatbot on Slack?
- SkypeCan you publish your chatbot on Skype?
- Can you publish your chatbot on email?
Tidio has a built-in live chat, which is the most important integration of any chatbot software.
Moreover, they have a Zapier integration that allows you to connect to almost any software on earth.
If you want to create more, you can also create your own webhooks by connecting to the Tidio API.
- LivechatDirect integration with live chat, either via a built-in live chat functionality or a third-party live chat platform.
- ZapierDirect integration with Zapier, one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Make (formerly Integromat)Direct integration with Make (formerly Integromat), one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Google SheetsDirect integration with Google Sheets, to store or retrieve data from sheets.
- WebhooksCan you call a webhook inside your chatbot flow to send data to other applications?
This is where Tidio lacks a little bit. As said before, with Tidio you can create a chatbot on Facebook Messenger, but it doesn’t have the “Growth Tools” that other chatbot software have with Facebook Messenger. In fact, it doesn’t have any Growth Tool for Facebook Messenger.
On the other hand, they do have a really good website integration. First, you can set the website widget to the styling of your website:
Next, you can set different website triggers that start a conversation:
Moreover, you can also set these additional triggers for conversations:
And you can create your own landing pages with Tidio.
- Facebook website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a Facebook Widget on your website.
- Native website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a native widget (your own branding & colors) on your website.
- Landing pagesCan you create a simple landing page to drive users to your chatbot?
- Facebook AdsStart a conversation with your chatbot when someone clicks on a Facebook Ad
- One-Time NotificationSend one-time notifications via Facebook Messenger for a topic that a chatbot user has opted-in for
- Facebook comments auto-replyAutomatically reply with your chatbot to users who comment on your Facebook Posts
- Button creatorAdd a button to your website to drive users to your chatbot
- Custom URLs for your chatbotGenerate a simple URL that can be shared anywhere to send users to your chatbot
Tidio has a free plan that comes with 3 operators, 100 unique reachable visitors, unlimited chats and third party apps integration. With this plan, you can also create a chatbot on the platform.
If the free plan is not enough, you can go with their Chatbots or Communicator plan.
The Chatbots plan costs $49 per month and comes with unlimited reachable visitors, unlimited chatbots, 3 operators, chatbot templates and a visual chatbot editor:
The Communicator plan is more focused on live chat and costs €19 per month per operator and comes with live typing, viewed pages (per visitor), live visitors list, permissions and notes per conversation.
- Free trialDoes the chatbot platform provide a free trial?
- Free planDoes the chatbot platform provide a free plan?
- Price per monthWhat is the lowest price per month for creating a chatbot on this platform?49
- Monthly pricing available?Is it possible to pay monthly?
- Money back guaranteeIs there a money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the platform?
The analytics of Tidio are extremely minimal.
Tidio provides 4 dashboards.
First, you can see the analytics per chatbot flow:
Secondly, there is one dashboard with live chat operator information:
Then, there is one dashboard with the number of messages sent:
And ultimately, you can see the number of leads collected:
Again, these analytics are really minimal and it doesn’t allow you to really improve your chatbot flows.
- DashboardDashboard that provides general analytics of your chatbot.
- User inputGet the input from users that your chatbot didn't understand.
- Sent messagesThe number of messages that were sent by your chatbot.
- Open rateThe percentage of chatbot users that opened a message inside your chatbot.
- Click rateThe percentage of chatbot users that click on a button inside your chatbot.
- Conversion rateThe percentage of users that converted through your chatbot. For example, the percentage of users that gave their email address
- Fall back rateThe percentage of interactions where the chatbot did not know an answer to a question.
- Custom dashboards/reportsCan you create your own dashboard or reports?
Tidio provides an integration with Shopify where you can:
- Check the order status
- Look up if a product is available
- Respond to questions about delivery location
Moreover, if the visitor leaves the cart page on your website, you can automatically let the chatbot send a pop-up to the user.
- PaymentsCollect payments inside your chatbot
- ShopifyDirect integration with Shopify to get products, order information and cart data.
- WooCommerceDirect integration with WooCommerce to get products, order information and cart data.
- Buy directly within the chatbotAbility for chatbot users to buy products or services directly from a chatbot
- Cart abandonmentTrigger messages in the chatbot when a user abandons their cart on a website or inside the chatbot
Templates & Cloning
Tidio provides 21 templates that you can use to easily create your chatbot flows.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to create these templates yourself and share these with others.
But, you can duplicate your chatbot flows and chatbot elements, so you can easily reuse them.
- TemplatesHow many pre-built templates does the chatbot platform provide?21
- Make templateCan you make templates yourself?
- Share templateCan you share self-created templates with others?
- Duplicate chatbot flowsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot flows, so you can easily reuse them?
- Duplicate chatbot elementsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot elements, so you can easily reuse them?
Unfortunately, it not possible to do any optimization with Tidio, such as A/B Testing.
- A/B TestingCan you optimize your chatbot flows by performing A/B tests?
Tidio provides video tutorials on Youtube and has an extensive knowledge base.
Moreover, they provide customer support via email and live chat.
- TutorialsDoes the chatbot platform provide tutorials on how to use its platform?
- DocumentationDoes the chatbot platform provide documentation on how to use its platform?
- Customer supportDoes the chatbot platform provide customer support?
So, would I use Tidio to build my chatbots?
Yes, I would.
Tidio does exactly how they describe themselves: “Live Chat Boosted with Bots”. They have a really good website integration, where you can set the website widget to the styling of your website and trigger certain messages based on the page the user is on.
Moreover, Tideo has an easy-to-use interface, enough chatbot elements, you can add custom fields and tags, use conditions in your chatbot flows, built-in live chat, decent AI & NLP and this all for a reasonable price.
If you click on the button below, you will get a 20% discount on your Tidio plan:
But there are also some drawbacks with Tidio:
- No growth tools for Facebook Messenger
- Only possible to make a chatbot on two channels: Websites and Facebook Messenger
- Minimal analytics