ChatBot.com is “an all-in-one platform to build and launch conversational chatbots without coding”. With their platform, you can create chatbots on your website, Facebook Messenger and Slack.
This sounds very promising, but should you actually use ChatBot.com to create your chatbots?
Let’s find out!
Table of Contents
When you start with ChatBot.com for the first time, they give you a quick product tour explaining their flow builder:
Once, you have gone through their product tour, you can start creating your chatbot using their visual flow builder (which gives a good overview of the conversation):
In ChatBot.com each chatbot is built by one Story, which can consist of endless chatbot elements (called Interactions in ChatBot.com). This interface gives a good overview of your complete chatbot. But by putting everything in one flow, it can become a mess when you are creating a large chatbot. That’s why ChatBot.com also supports adding additional flows:
When you click on one of these flow elements, a new screen opens up with a clean flow:
If you want to add an interaction, you can simply choose one of them on the right sidebar and drag them into the flow builder:
Once the interaction is added, you can click on it and change the contents of that interaction:
Also, you can easily test your chatbot before you publish the changes to your live chatbot by clicking on the “Test” button on the right-top corner:
What I also really like about the testing feature, is that you can select “Start testing from here” in ChatBot.com. So instead of testing the complete chatbot flow, you can start from a specific point:
This is really useful if you have large chatbot flows and you only want to test a specific part of that flow.
In general, the interface of ChatBot.com is really easy to use and it is extremely easy to setup your chatbot using the Visual Flow Builder.
- Visual Flow BuilderCreate chatbot dialogs with a visual flow builder.
- Test chatbotIs it possible to test the chatbot before putting your new flows or changes live?
- Interface easy to use?Is the chatbot platform easy-to-use?
- Easy to setup a chatbot?Is it easy to set up your chatbot with this chatbot platform?
As you can see from the images above, ChatBot.com provides enough chatbot elements to create your chatbots.
They also lack some elements, such as Video and Attachments, which could be deal-breakers for some people. But I think that for most businesses, the number of chatbot elements they provide is enough.
There is also one element I would like to point out, which is the Random Text element. With this element, you can set multiple text variants and the chatbot will randomly choose one of these variants:
- DelaysUse delays between messages in your chatbot
- ImagesCan you send images via your chatbot?
- VideoCan you send video via your chatbot?
- AudioCan you send audio via your chatbot?
- AttachmentsCan you send attachments via your chatbot?
- Gallery (Horizontal list)Show a gallery of cards inside your chatbot. A card consists of an image, title, subtitle and button.
- Vertical listShow a vertical list of items inside your chatbot
- EmojisCan you use emojis inside your chatbot?
- Persistent MenuCan you add a persistent menu to your chatbot?
- Quick RepliesCan you add quick replies to your chatbot where users can click on?
- ButtonsCan you add buttons to your chatbot where users can click on?
- Free text inputCan chatbot users freely type text to your chatbot whenever they want to?
- Location sharingCan users share their location inside the chatbot?
- Email validationWhen a chatbot user gives their email, can the platform validate it's a correct email address?
- Phone number validationWhen a chatbot user gives their phone number, can the platform validate it's a correct phone number?
- Date validationWhen a chatbot user gives a date, can the platform validate it's a correct date?
In ChatBot.com, you can see a complete overview of all the user that talked to your chatbot:
If you click on one of these users, you can see additional information, such as the channel they used, the timezone and their email address:
As you can see from this overview, you can add your own custom fields with ChatBot.com and store user information in those custom fields.
Moreover, you can create your own segments and add users to these segments with the “Add to segment” interaction in the Flow builder.
- Custom fieldsStore information from your chatbot users inside fields. For example, you can ask for someone's email and store it inside the "email" custom field.
- TagsAdd tags to users in your chatbot flows to organize and categorize contacts.
- User segmentsCan you create user segments based on custom fields and tags?
Unfortunately, you cannot send broadcasts and sequences with ChatBot.com. In my opinion, ChatBot.com is user-triggered, which means that every time the user starts the conversation with the chatbot (with broadcasts/sequences it is the other way around).
Gladly, it is possible to use conditions in the chatbot flows by using the Filter interaction:
This allows you to create personalized conversations with your chatbot users.
Moreover, it is possible to have a chatbot in multiple languages, but it is not easy to translate your chatbot.
- BroadcastsSend a message to all or a part of your chatbot users at a specific date and time
- SequencesSend messages on a pre-defined schedule with a certain time interval between those messages
- ConditionsMake checks in your chatbot flow based on if-then logic. For example, if the user has not given their email, ask for their email.
- Multiple languagesIs it possible to create a chatbot in multiple languages?
- Easy to translateCan you translate text to other languages without using a third-party platform and without creating duplicate flows?
AI & NLP
ChatBot.com provides pretty good AI & NLP.
With ChatBot.com, you can recognize keywords and understand the intent of the user by setting the User Input interaction in the flow builder:
Also, you can determine Entities and understand useful information in sentences with your chatbot:
- KeywordsTrigger chatbot flow based on certain words or phrases a user says to the chatbot.
- IntentsTrigger a chatbot flow by understanding the intent of the user.
- EntitiesCapture specific information from sentences. For example, if a user says "veggie pizza", the chatbot can understand it's not a regular pizza, but a veggie pizza.
- Dialogflow integrationDoes the chatbot platform provide a direct integration with Google's AI Platform?
With ChatBot.com you can put your chatbot on 3 channels:
- Your website
- Facebook Messenger
- WebsiteCan you publish your chatbot on your website?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Facebook?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Instagram?
- Can you publish your chatbot on WhatsApp?
- TelegramCan you publish your chatbot on Telegram?
- SMSCan you publish your chatbot on SMS?
- SlackCan you publish your chatbot on Slack?
- SkypeCan you publish your chatbot on Skype?
- Can you publish your chatbot on email?
ChatBot.com provides a direct integration with LiveChat, which is live chat software directly associated with ChatBot.com (the same company is behind it).
Furthermore, they provide a Zapier integration, which allows you to connect to almost any software application on earth.
Lastly, it is possible to create your own webhooks.
- LivechatDirect integration with live chat, either via a built-in live chat functionality or a third-party live chat platform.
- ZapierDirect integration with Zapier, one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Make (formerly Integromat)Direct integration with Make (formerly Integromat), one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Google SheetsDirect integration with Google Sheets, to store or retrieve data from sheets.
- WebhooksCan you call a webhook inside your chatbot flow to send data to other applications?
Although ChatBot.com provides a Facebook Messenger integration, they don’t provide Facebook-specific features such as automatically replying to comments, connecting your chatbot to a Facebook Ad and using the One-Time Notification.
On the other hand, they do provide an advanced native website widget. You can change the styling of this widget by setting your own colors and setting a custom avatar:
Also, you can set different website greetings per page. This allows you to send personalized greeting messages to your website users, which will likely increase the opt-in rate to your chatbot:
- Facebook website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a Facebook Widget on your website.
- Native website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a native widget (your own branding & colors) on your website.
- Landing pagesCan you create a simple landing page to drive users to your chatbot?
- Facebook AdsStart a conversation with your chatbot when someone clicks on a Facebook Ad
- One-Time NotificationSend one-time notifications via Facebook Messenger for a topic that a chatbot user has opted-in for
- Facebook comments auto-replyAutomatically reply with your chatbot to users who comment on your Facebook Posts
- Button creatorAdd a button to your website to drive users to your chatbot
- Custom URLs for your chatbotGenerate a simple URL that can be shared anywhere to send users to your chatbot
ChatBot.com provides a free 14-day trial on any of their plans so you have enough time to test their platform and decide if their platform is the right fit for you.
After their trial, the Starter plan costs $50 per month and comes with 1000 chats per month, 1 chatbot, unlimited chatbot flows, 7-day training history, all integrations, basic reporting and data security.
If that is not enough for you, you can go with their Team plan which costs $149 per month and comes with 5000 chats per month, 5 chatbots, unlimited training history, advanced reporting, team collaboration and “smart actions”:
- Free trialDoes the chatbot platform provide a free trial?
- Free planDoes the chatbot platform provide a free plan?
- Price per monthWhat is the lowest price per month for creating a chatbot on this platform?50
- Monthly pricing available?Is it possible to pay monthly?
- Money back guaranteeIs there a money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the platform?
ChatBot.com provides a Reports section which shows a dashboard with the chats in a specific time period:
Also, you can look at the busiest periods of your chatbot in the day and time of the week:
Moreover, you can see what chatbot flows were the most popular in a specific time period:
But the best part of the analytics in ChatBot.com is the Training section. With Training, you can see the phrases that your chatbot didn’t understand and these to your chatbot:
Using Training, you can easily improve the answers of your chatbot.
- DashboardDashboard that provides general analytics of your chatbot.
- User inputGet the input from users that your chatbot didn't understand.
- Sent messagesThe number of messages that were sent by your chatbot.
- Open rateThe percentage of chatbot users that opened a message inside your chatbot.
- Click rateThe percentage of chatbot users that click on a button inside your chatbot.
- Conversion rateThe percentage of users that converted through your chatbot. For example, the percentage of users that gave their email address
- Fall back rateThe percentage of interactions where the chatbot did not know an answer to a question.
- Custom dashboards/reportsCan you create your own dashboard or reports?
Unfortunately, ChatBot.com doesn’t provide any direct eCommerce integrations.
- PaymentsCollect payments inside your chatbot
- ShopifyDirect integration with Shopify to get products, order information and cart data.
- WooCommerceDirect integration with WooCommerce to get products, order information and cart data.
- Buy directly within the chatbotAbility for chatbot users to buy products or services directly from a chatbot
- Cart abandonmentTrigger messages in the chatbot when a user abandons their cart on a website or inside the chatbot
Templates & Cloning
ChatBot.com provides 13 templates that you can use to get started with their platform.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to create these templates yourself and share these with others.
On the other hand, it is possible to duplicate your chatbot flows and easily reuse them.
- TemplatesHow many pre-built templates does the chatbot platform provide?13
- Make templateCan you make templates yourself?
- Share templateCan you share self-created templates with others?
- Duplicate chatbot flowsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot flows, so you can easily reuse them?
- Duplicate chatbot elementsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot elements, so you can easily reuse them?
With ChatBot.com, you can optimize your chatbot flow by using A/B testing:
- A/B TestingCan you optimize your chatbot flows by performing A/B tests?
ChatBot.com provides extensive documentation and tutorials on how you an use their platform.
Moreover, they provide customer support via email.
- TutorialsDoes the chatbot platform provide tutorials on how to use its platform?
- DocumentationDoes the chatbot platform provide documentation on how to use its platform?
- Customer supportDoes the chatbot platform provide customer support?
So, should you buy ChatBot.com to create your chatbots?
Yes, I think you should.
ChatBot.com provides an easy-to-use flow builder, you can store user info in custom fields, use conditions in your chatbot flow, put an advanced widget on your website, built-in AI & NLP, LiveChat integration, put your chatbot on 3 channels and easily improve the answers of your chatbot with Training.
the price is quite high. Need give a try
Let me know what you think of it!