Trengo is customer service tool that allows you to chat with your customer via live chat and chatbots over more than 10 channels. With their software, you can see all the messages of your customers in one inbox.
But should you use Trengo to handle your chat? Let’s find out!
Table of Contents
If you log in with Trengo, you first see an overview of all your chats through different channels:
When you are going to create your chatbot flows, Trengo makes use of a kind of structured builder that allows you to set the chatbot elements:
Moreover, you can directly test these chatbot flows within the Trengo interface:
In general, Trengo has an easy-to-use interface and it is pretty easy to set up your chatbot.
The only drawback is that they don’t provide a Visual Flow Builder, which could be useful for the more visually oriented chatbot developers.
- Visual Flow BuilderCreate chatbot dialogs with a visual flow builder.
- Test chatbotIs it possible to test the chatbot before putting your new flows or changes live?
- Interface easy to use?Is the chatbot platform easy-to-use?
- Easy to setup a chatbot?Is it easy to set up your chatbot with this chatbot platform?
Trengo provides enough chatbot elements to create your chatbot flows.
They do lack some elements (such as Galleries and a Persistent Menu), but they still offer enough elements to build a good chatbot!
- DelaysUse delays between messages in your chatbot
- ImagesCan you send images via your chatbot?
- VideoCan you send video via your chatbot?
- AudioCan you send audio via your chatbot?
- AttachmentsCan you send attachments via your chatbot?
- Gallery (Horizontal list)Show a gallery of cards inside your chatbot. A card consists of an image, title, subtitle and button.
- Vertical listShow a vertical list of items inside your chatbot
- EmojisCan you use emojis inside your chatbot?
- Persistent MenuCan you add a persistent menu to your chatbot?
- Quick RepliesCan you add quick replies to your chatbot where users can click on?
- ButtonsCan you add buttons to your chatbot where users can click on?
- Free text inputCan chatbot users freely type text to your chatbot whenever they want to?
- Location sharingCan users share their location inside the chatbot?
- Email validationWhen a chatbot user gives their email, can the platform validate it's a correct email address?
- Phone number validationWhen a chatbot user gives their phone number, can the platform validate it's a correct phone number?
- Date validationWhen a chatbot user gives a date, can the platform validate it's a correct date?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to see all the users that talked with your chatbot in one overview.
But it is possible to see all the chats in one overview and the information per user (on the right):
Also, with Trengo, you can add custom fields and tags to your users.
- Custom fieldsStore information from your chatbot users inside fields. For example, you can ask for someone's email and store it inside the "email" custom field.
- TagsAdd tags to users in your chatbot flows to organize and categorize contacts.
- User segmentsCan you create user segments based on custom fields and tags?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to send broadcasts or sequences with Trengo. Also, it is not possible to use any conditions in your chatbot flows.
On the other hand, Trengo does allow you to create a chatbot in multiple languages. And with Trengo, it is extremely easy to translate your chatbot flows to different languages:
- BroadcastsSend a message to all or a part of your chatbot users at a specific date and time
- SequencesSend messages on a pre-defined schedule with a certain time interval between those messages
- ConditionsMake checks in your chatbot flow based on if-then logic. For example, if the user has not given their email, ask for their email.
- Multiple languagesIs it possible to create a chatbot in multiple languages?
- Easy to translateCan you translate text to other languages without using a third-party platform and without creating duplicate flows?
AI & NLP
Trengo doesn’t provide any built-in AI capabilities. But they do have a native integration with DialogFlow, which allows you to use Google’s AI in your chatbot.
With this integration, you can recognize keywords and understand the intent of the user.
And the best part of this integration is that you don’t need to go to DialogFlow for it, you can just edit everything right from the Trengo interface:
- KeywordsTrigger chatbot flow based on certain words or phrases a user says to the chatbot.
- IntentsTrigger a chatbot flow by understanding the intent of the user.
- EntitiesCapture specific information from sentences. For example, if a user says "veggie pizza", the chatbot can understand it's not a regular pizza, but a veggie pizza.
- Dialogflow integrationDoes the chatbot platform provide a direct integration with Google's AI Platform?
With Trengo, it is possible to put your chatbot on 11 different channels:
- Facebook Messenger
- Google Business Messages
In addition to all these channels, you can also create a complete helpdesk inside Trengo (they call this the “Helpdesk channel”):
So in total, Trengo offers 11 different channels + a helpdesk feature. That’s a lot.
- WebsiteCan you publish your chatbot on your website?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Facebook?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Instagram?
- Can you publish your chatbot on WhatsApp?
- TelegramCan you publish your chatbot on Telegram?
- SMSCan you publish your chatbot on SMS?
- SlackCan you publish your chatbot on Slack?
- SkypeCan you publish your chatbot on Skype?
- Can you publish your chatbot on email?
Trengo has a built-in live chat, which is the most important integration of any chatbot software.
Moreover, they provide a Zapier integration, so it is possible to connect with almost any other software in the world.
What I also like about Trengo is that they have a Surfly integration, which allows your customers to directly share their screen with one of your live chat agents.
Also, you can use Trengo’s open API to create your own webhooks.
- LivechatDirect integration with live chat, either via a built-in live chat functionality or a third-party live chat platform.
- ZapierDirect integration with Zapier, one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Make (formerly Integromat)Direct integration with Make (formerly Integromat), one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Google SheetsDirect integration with Google Sheets, to store or retrieve data from sheets.
- WebhooksCan you call a webhook inside your chatbot flow to send data to other applications?
Since Trengo is mostly focused on customer support, it has limited marketing possibilities.
But it does have one of the most best native website widgets I have ever seen:
With Trengo’s native website widget, your customer can choose the channel he/she wants to communicate over. With most other chatbot software, there is just one channel for the website widget: the website. But with Trengo, your customer can choose between all the different channels you offer as a company.
Moreover, you can also set a different website greeting per page:
- Facebook website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a Facebook Widget on your website.
- Native website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a native widget (your own branding & colors) on your website.
- Landing pagesCan you create a simple landing page to drive users to your chatbot?
- Facebook AdsStart a conversation with your chatbot when someone clicks on a Facebook Ad
- One-Time NotificationSend one-time notifications via Facebook Messenger for a topic that a chatbot user has opted-in for
- Facebook comments auto-replyAutomatically reply with your chatbot to users who comment on your Facebook Posts
- Button creatorAdd a button to your website to drive users to your chatbot
- Custom URLs for your chatbotGenerate a simple URL that can be shared anywhere to send users to your chatbot
Trengo provides a 14-day free trial on any plan that allows you to test out their platform.
Because Trengo was originally live chat software, the monthly price you pay is based on the number of live chat agents:
Moreover, Trengo provides two different chatbot features (in terms of pricing): Chatbots and Flow Bots.
The Chatbots feature is automated questions answering, and the Flow Bots feature is the creation of your own chatbot flows.
If you only want automated questions answering (Chatbots feature), then you need to have the Scale plan which costs €25 per live chat agent. With this plan, you can create your chatbot and put it on 11 different channels.
If you also want to create flow bots, you must at least have the Grow plan (€15 per live chat agent) + an additional fee of €49 per month (Flowbots fee). Also, the number of flow bots you can create differs per plan:
So is this pricing reasonable? In my opinion, yes. But it could be a bit expensive if you are a small company with not many customers yet.
On the other hand, if you don’t have many live chat agents and you do send a lot of messages through your chatbot, the pricing of your chatbot is extremely cheap. With most other chatbot builders, you pay based on the number of messages you sent, but with Trengo, you pay for the number of live chat agents.
So, it depends 😉
- Free trialDoes the chatbot platform provide a free trial?
- Free planDoes the chatbot platform provide a free plan?
- Price per monthWhat is the lowest price per month for creating a chatbot on this platform?25
- Monthly pricing available?Is it possible to pay monthly?
- Money back guaranteeIs there a money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the platform?
The analytics of Trengo are a bit minimal. As said before, Trengo started out as a live chat company and therefore mainly provides analytics related to tickets:
But there are no analytics about the chatbot or the specific flows you’ve created.
The only thing you can analyze is the user input that the chatbot didn’t understand. So this allows you to improve the answers of your chatbot, which is really useful if you are using your chatbot for customer service.
- DashboardDashboard that provides general analytics of your chatbot.
- User inputGet the input from users that your chatbot didn't understand.
- Sent messagesThe number of messages that were sent by your chatbot.
- Open rateThe percentage of chatbot users that opened a message inside your chatbot.
- Click rateThe percentage of chatbot users that click on a button inside your chatbot.
- Conversion rateThe percentage of users that converted through your chatbot. For example, the percentage of users that gave their email address
- Fall back rateThe percentage of interactions where the chatbot did not know an answer to a question.
- Custom dashboards/reportsCan you create your own dashboard or reports?
Trengo provides direct integrations with Shopify and WooCommerce. With this integration, you can easily find the latest order of a customer inside Trengo.
- PaymentsCollect payments inside your chatbot
- ShopifyDirect integration with Shopify to get products, order information and cart data.
- WooCommerceDirect integration with WooCommerce to get products, order information and cart data.
- Buy directly within the chatbotAbility for chatbot users to buy products or services directly from a chatbot
- Cart abandonmentTrigger messages in the chatbot when a user abandons their cart on a website or inside the chatbot
Templates & Cloning
Trengo does not provide any templates that you can use to set up your chatbot.
On the other hand, it is possible to duplicate your chatbot flows and chatbot elements, so that you can easily reuse them.
- TemplatesHow many pre-built templates does the chatbot platform provide?0
- Make templateCan you make templates yourself?
- Share templateCan you share self-created templates with others?
- Duplicate chatbot flowsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot flows, so you can easily reuse them?
- Duplicate chatbot elementsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot elements, so you can easily reuse them?
Unfortunately, it not possible to do any optimization with Trengo, such as A/B testing.
- A/B TestingCan you optimize your chatbot flows by performing A/B tests?
Trengo has an extensive knowledge base with over 200 articles in which they explain how you can use their software.
Moreover, they provide customer support via email and live chat.
- TutorialsDoes the chatbot platform provide tutorials on how to use its platform?
- DocumentationDoes the chatbot platform provide documentation on how to use its platform?
- Customer supportDoes the chatbot platform provide customer support?
So, would I use Trengo to build my chatbots?
Yes, I would.
Trengo is extremely suitable for omnichannel customer support with chatbots. With Trengo, you can put your chatbot on more than 10 different channels and serve customers in multiple languages. By using their Dialogflow integration, you can use Google AI’s to make your chatbot smarter. Also, Trengo has a built-in live chat and one of the best native website widget I’ve ever seen.