Flow XO is chatbot software that you can use to build chatbots for websites, Facebook Messenger, Slack, Telegram and SMS. But is this software good enough to actually buy it? Let’s find out!
Sneak peek: Yes, it is 😉
I used the 13 criteria of my post “How to choose the best chatbot software” to review Flow XO.
Table of Contents
The user interface gives a good overview of what you can do with the software. When you log in, you first see an overview of your chatbot with some stats, the chatbot flows and the last interactions:
On the left side of the interface, you have all the menu items and on the right side, you have the content of each section.
You can easily add a new chatbot flow to your chatbot, in which you can choose out of 11 templates or choose for a “Blank Flow”:
When you make the flow, you can choose to show the message on all of your chatbots, or only on certain chatbots (if you have chatbots on multiple channels):
When you have done this, you can make the actual chatbot flow. In the interface, the messages of the chatbot flow are shown under each other. Here is an example of a simple Welcome message:
The interface of Flow XO is clear and easy to use. It is also really simple to set up a chatbot, you can just use one of the 11 pre-built templates. What is also really useful, is that you can test the chatbot in the interface itself, so you immediately see the impact of the changes you just made.
The only possible drawback of the interface is that it does not have a visual flow builder, for the more visually oriented chatbot developers 😉
- Visual Flow BuilderCreate chatbot dialogs with a visual flow builder.
- Test chatbotIs it possible to test the chatbot before putting your new flows or changes live?
- Interface easy to use?Is the chatbot platform easy-to-use?
- Easy to setup a chatbot?Is it easy to set up your chatbot with this chatbot platform?
Flow XO has a lot of elements you can use to build your chatbot. They only don’t have audio, lists and phone number validation, but those are certainly not deal-breakers. So, they do great on this one!
- DelaysUse delays between messages in your chatbot
- ImagesCan you send images via your chatbot?
- VideoCan you send video via your chatbot?
- AudioCan you send audio via your chatbot?
- AttachmentsCan you send attachments via your chatbot?
- Gallery (Horizontal list)Show a gallery of cards inside your chatbot. A card consists of an image, title, subtitle and button.
- Vertical listShow a vertical list of items inside your chatbot
- EmojisCan you use emojis inside your chatbot?
- Persistent MenuCan you add a persistent menu to your chatbot?
- Quick RepliesCan you add quick replies to your chatbot where users can click on?
- ButtonsCan you add buttons to your chatbot where users can click on?
- Free text inputCan chatbot users freely type text to your chatbot whenever they want to?
- Location sharingCan users share their location inside the chatbot?
- Email validationWhen a chatbot user gives their email, can the platform validate it's a correct email address?
- Phone number validationWhen a chatbot user gives their phone number, can the platform validate it's a correct phone number?
- Date validationWhen a chatbot user gives a date, can the platform validate it's a correct date?
With Flow XO you can add custom fields to specific users of your chatbot. You could just ask a question and store the answer to that question in a custom field.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to add tags to users and to make user segments.
I must say that these two problems can be solved really easily within Flow XO.
For tags, you can just make a custom field that you set to “yes” if someone has the tag and to “no” if someone doesn’t have the tag.
Also, you can filter messages out based on certain criteria. This kind of is the same as creating a user segment. The only drawback is that you need to make the filter for each message:
- Custom fieldsStore information from your chatbot users inside fields. For example, you can ask for someone's email and store it inside the "email" custom field.
- TagsAdd tags to users in your chatbot flows to organize and categorize contacts.
- User segmentsCan you create user segments based on custom fields and tags?
In Flow XO it is possible to make broadcasts & sequences. You can also filter on to which people you will send the broadcast to using the filter function above. This also holds for conditions, you can do that with the filter feature in Flow XO.
Furthermore, you can make a chatbot in multiple languages, but you cannot easily translate your chatbot to another language. This would include a lot of copy and paste work, unfortunately.
- BroadcastsSend a message to all or a part of your chatbot users at a specific date and time
- SequencesSend messages on a pre-defined schedule with a certain time interval between those messages
- ConditionsMake checks in your chatbot flow based on if-then logic. For example, if the user has not given their email, ask for their email.
- Multiple languagesIs it possible to create a chatbot in multiple languages?
- Easy to translateCan you translate text to other languages without using a third-party platform and without creating duplicate flows?
AI & NLP
In Flow XO you can recognize keywords that are sent by the user and then give an appropriate response.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to any kind of real NLP, by the use of Intents or Entities.
Flow XO does have a Dialogflow integration, so with that, it is possible to make your chatbot compatible with Intents and Entities.
- KeywordsTrigger chatbot flow based on certain words or phrases a user says to the chatbot.
- IntentsTrigger a chatbot flow by understanding the intent of the user.
- EntitiesCapture specific information from sentences. For example, if a user says "veggie pizza", the chatbot can understand it's not a regular pizza, but a veggie pizza.
- Dialogflow integrationDoes the chatbot platform provide a direct integration with Google's AI Platform?
With Flow XO it is possible to make a chatbot on multiple channels. They provide 5 of them: Websites, Facebook Messenger, Slack, Telegram and SMS.
This allows you to provide an omnichannel experience to your customers.
What I also like about Flow XO is that you can determine per flow if you want to show it on all channels, or only on some specific channels.
- WebsiteCan you publish your chatbot on your website?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Facebook?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Instagram?
- Can you publish your chatbot on WhatsApp?
- TelegramCan you publish your chatbot on Telegram?
- SMSCan you publish your chatbot on SMS?
- SlackCan you publish your chatbot on Slack?
- SkypeCan you publish your chatbot on Skype?
- Can you publish your chatbot on email?
Flow XO has a built-in live chat integration, which is the most important integration of any chatbot software.
Furthermore, they do not provide any integration with Zapier or Integromat, which is unfortunate.
Although they have no integrations with Zapier and Integromat, they have more than 100 direct integrations with other software, such as MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, Buffer, Campaign Monitor, Wit.AI and much more:
- LivechatDirect integration with live chat, either via a built-in live chat functionality or a third-party live chat platform.
- ZapierDirect integration with Zapier, one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Make (formerly Integromat)Direct integration with Make (formerly Integromat), one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Google SheetsDirect integration with Google Sheets, to store or retrieve data from sheets.
- WebhooksCan you call a webhook inside your chatbot flow to send data to other applications?
With Flow XO you can make widgets, landing pages, connect your chatbot with Facebook ads, reply automatically to Facebook comments, use the One-Time Notification, create buttons and create custom URLs to your chatbot.
They perform really well on this topic!
- Facebook website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a Facebook Widget on your website.
- Native website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a native widget (your own branding & colors) on your website.
- Landing pagesCan you create a simple landing page to drive users to your chatbot?
- Facebook AdsStart a conversation with your chatbot when someone clicks on a Facebook Ad
- One-Time NotificationSend one-time notifications via Facebook Messenger for a topic that a chatbot user has opted-in for
- Facebook comments auto-replyAutomatically reply with your chatbot to users who comment on your Facebook Posts
- Button creatorAdd a button to your website to drive users to your chatbot
- Custom URLs for your chatbotGenerate a simple URL that can be shared anywhere to send users to your chatbot
The pricing of Flow XO is extremely reasonable. They give you great value for your money.
Flow XO offers a free plan and a free trial on their paid plan.
Their standard plan is 19 dollars per month in which you get all features of the software, 5.000 interactions (conversations with users), 15 bots or active flows and the removal of the branding. This seems like a really reasonable price to me!
If you want more than this plan, you can add 5 bots/flows for 10$ per month or add 25.000 interactions for $25 per month.
- Free trialDoes the chatbot platform provide a free trial?
- Free planDoes the chatbot platform provide a free plan?
- Price per monthWhat is the lowest price per month for creating a chatbot on this platform?19
- Monthly pricing available?Is it possible to pay monthly?
- Money back guaranteeIs there a money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the platform?
Flow XO gives you a dashboard in which the most important stats of your chatbot are given:
The analytics section mostly gives you data about the total users, active users, new users, the number of triggers, the number of messages sent/received, the top-performing messages and the top-performing flows.
The analytics of Flow XO is really standard, so do not expect too much from it.
A drawback is that you cannot see the user input on which the chatbot could not give an answer. This is a feature in which you can easily improve the answers of your chatbot, but Flow XO doesn’t have it.
What is noticeable to say is that FlowXO does provide a Google Analytics integration, in which some data can be gathered about the chatbot.
- DashboardDashboard that provides general analytics of your chatbot.
- User inputGet the input from users that your chatbot didn't understand.
- Sent messagesThe number of messages that were sent by your chatbot.
- Open rateThe percentage of chatbot users that opened a message inside your chatbot.
- Click rateThe percentage of chatbot users that click on a button inside your chatbot.
- Conversion rateThe percentage of users that converted through your chatbot. For example, the percentage of users that gave their email address
- Fall back rateThe percentage of interactions where the chatbot did not know an answer to a question.
- Custom dashboards/reportsCan you create your own dashboard or reports?
Flow XO has an integration with Stripe, which allows users to pay directly within the chatbot.
They also have an integration with WooCommerce, so it is really easy to connect your WooCommerce shop with a Flow XO chatbot.
- PaymentsCollect payments inside your chatbot
- ShopifyDirect integration with Shopify to get products, order information and cart data.
- WooCommerceDirect integration with WooCommerce to get products, order information and cart data.
- Buy directly within the chatbotAbility for chatbot users to buy products or services directly from a chatbot
- Cart abandonmentTrigger messages in the chatbot when a user abandons their cart on a website or inside the chatbot
Templates & Cloning
Flow XO delivers 11 pre-built templates, which you can use immediately.
Unfortunately, you cannot make these templates yourself and share them with others.
On the other hand, it is possible to duplicate your chatbot flows and chatbot elements, so you can easily reuse them.
- TemplatesHow many pre-built templates does the chatbot platform provide?11
- Make templateCan you make templates yourself?
- Share templateCan you share self-created templates with others?
- Duplicate chatbot flowsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot flows, so you can easily reuse them?
- Duplicate chatbot elementsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot elements, so you can easily reuse them?
In Flow XO is it not possible to do any kind of optimization (such as A/B Testing).
- A/B TestingCan you optimize your chatbot flows by performing A/B tests?
Flow XO provides tutorials and decent documentation to get you started with the chatbot software. Furthermore, they have a community in which you can ask questions and also customer support via e-mail.
- TutorialsDoes the chatbot platform provide tutorials on how to use its platform?
- DocumentationDoes the chatbot platform provide documentation on how to use its platform?
- Customer supportDoes the chatbot platform provide customer support?
So, should you buy Flow XO?
Yes, you should.
With Flow XO you can easily make a chatbot on multiple channels, have lots of integrations with other software, various marketing opportunities, decent analytics and even eCommerce integrations. And this only for 19$ per month!
Like!! Thank you for publishing this awesome article.
Thanks for the review
I’m glad I could help 🙂
I like very much presentation of content . One thing important measure for me is to understand if integration is on trigger side or on action side of the bot . I would be grateful if it could be explicitly added in future reviews
Thanks again for generous effort
Thank for your suggestion! What is for you the difference between “on trigger side” and “on action side of the bot”?