Mobile Monkey is a chatbot platform for creating chatbots on websites, Facebook Messenger, Instagram and SMS.
It is even one of the favorite Facebook Marketing tools of Neil Patel and in the top 20 of the most searched chatbot brands. So, should you buy this chatbot platform to build your chatbots with?
Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
When you log in at MobileMonkey, the dashboard gives you an overview of the main analytics of last week and some get started guides:
In the top-bar, you have the menu that you can use to navigate through the MobileMonkey platform.
If you want to create your chatbot, MobileMonkey makes use of “Dialogues” (these are just chatbot flows). In each dialogue, you can select several elements to your users (these are called “Widgets”) and ask information to the user:
As you can see on the image above, you can structure your dialogues into folders, so that you can keep everything structured.
What is also really useful, is that in the right corner, they provide a button for support. Right from their interface, you have support for creating your chatbot. A really useful feature when you get stuck.
Moreover, you can preview your chatbot and test it before it actually goes live:
Overall, the user interface of MobileMonkey is pretty easy to use and it’s easy to setup a chatbot. The only drawback I can think of is that they do not provide a Visual Flow builder (which has almost become the standard now).
This is especially important when you are using conditions. In MobileMonkey, you can just tell if a widget must be send to the user based on certain criteria:
But when you have a lot of options (for example – 8 options), this would mean that you have 8 widgets under each other, which makes it pretty hard to still have a good overview of your chatbot flow.
- Visual Flow BuilderCreate chatbot dialogs with a visual flow builder.
- Test chatbotIs it possible to test the chatbot before putting your new flows or changes live?
- Interface easy to use?Is the chatbot platform easy-to-use?
- Easy to setup a chatbot?Is it easy to set up your chatbot with this chatbot platform?
Chatbot elements in MobileMonkey are called Widgets and MobileMonkey provides a wide range of elements to build your own chatbot:
One element worth mentioning is Forms. With this element, you can include a complete form within your chatbot that is asked to your user in a conversational manner:
- DelaysUse delays between messages in your chatbot
- ImagesCan you send images via your chatbot?
- VideoCan you send video via your chatbot?
- AudioCan you send audio via your chatbot?
- AttachmentsCan you send attachments via your chatbot?
- Gallery (Horizontal list)Show a gallery of cards inside your chatbot. A card consists of an image, title, subtitle and button.
- Vertical listShow a vertical list of items inside your chatbot
- EmojisCan you use emojis inside your chatbot?
- Persistent MenuCan you add a persistent menu to your chatbot?
- Quick RepliesCan you add quick replies to your chatbot where users can click on?
- ButtonsCan you add buttons to your chatbot where users can click on?
- Free text inputCan chatbot users freely type text to your chatbot whenever they want to?
- Location sharingCan users share their location inside the chatbot?
- Email validationWhen a chatbot user gives their email, can the platform validate it's a correct email address?
- Phone number validationWhen a chatbot user gives their phone number, can the platform validate it's a correct phone number?
- Date validationWhen a chatbot user gives a date, can the platform validate it's a correct date?
Within Mobilemonkey, you have a complete overview of all the leads you got through your chatbot:
And when you click on one of them, you can also see the specific details per lead:
Moreover, it is really easy to add custom fields and tags to users. You could ask a question to a user and the response of the user can be stored in a custom field. With these custom fields and tags you can make user segments, called “Audiences”. Then you can send specific broadcasts to these users.
- Custom fieldsStore information from your chatbot users inside fields. For example, you can ask for someone's email and store it inside the "email" custom field.
- TagsAdd tags to users in your chatbot flows to organize and categorize contacts.
- User segmentsCan you create user segments based on custom fields and tags?
MobileMonkey provides broadcasts, sequences and subscribing/unsubscribing from sequences.
Moreover, you can also creates conditions in dialogues, so you can create a personalized chat experience for your users.
Also, like many other chatbot platforms, you can make a chatbot in any language with Mobile Monkey. But it is not possible to easily translate your chatbot to different languages (because you need to manually copy and translate all your dialogues).
- BroadcastsSend a message to all or a part of your chatbot users at a specific date and time
- SequencesSend messages on a pre-defined schedule with a certain time interval between those messages
- ConditionsMake checks in your chatbot flow based on if-then logic. For example, if the user has not given their email, ask for their email.
- Multiple languagesIs it possible to create a chatbot in multiple languages?
- Easy to translateCan you translate text to other languages without using a third-party platform and without creating duplicate flows?
AI & NLP
MobileMonkey only provides keyword recognition, in which it is also possible to group certain keywords together and create a response for it:
Unfortunately, understanding the intent of the user and using entities are not possible. Also, MobileMonkey does not provide a Dialogflow integration.
- KeywordsTrigger chatbot flow based on certain words or phrases a user says to the chatbot.
- IntentsTrigger a chatbot flow by understanding the intent of the user.
- EntitiesCapture specific information from sentences. For example, if a user says "veggie pizza", the chatbot can understand it's not a regular pizza, but a veggie pizza.
- Dialogflow integrationDoes the chatbot platform provide a direct integration with Google's AI Platform?
Mobile Monkey provides multiple channels to put your chatbot on: Websites, Facebook Messenger, Instagram and SMS. So it is possible to make an omnichannel chatbot experience for your users.
I must say that the SMS channel is only available for the United States and Canada right now. So if you are outside those zones, it is not possible to use it.
- WebsiteCan you publish your chatbot on your website?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Facebook?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Instagram?
- Can you publish your chatbot on WhatsApp?
- TelegramCan you publish your chatbot on Telegram?
- SMSCan you publish your chatbot on SMS?
- SlackCan you publish your chatbot on Slack?
- SkypeCan you publish your chatbot on Skype?
- Can you publish your chatbot on email?
MobileMonkey has a built-in live chat integration, which is the most important integration of every chatbot software. Also, they have a mobile app for their live chat, so you can talk to your customers when you are on the go. Really good!
Next to live chat, MobileMonkey also provides an integration with Zapier, which allows you to connect your chatbot with almost every software on earth.
Moreover, you can send data directly from MobileMonkey to Google Sheet and you can make your own webhooks using the MobileMonkey API.
- LivechatDirect integration with live chat, either via a built-in live chat functionality or a third-party live chat platform.
- ZapierDirect integration with Zapier, one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Make (formerly Integromat)Direct integration with Make (formerly Integromat), one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Google SheetsDirect integration with Google Sheets, to store or retrieve data from sheets.
- WebhooksCan you call a webhook inside your chatbot flow to send data to other applications?
For marketing, MobileMonkey provides extremely well. They provide every feature on the list!
What makes Mobile Monkey unique is its website widget. They call it the Omnichat widget and it is capable of the following:
- If a user is logged in to Facebook Messenger, show a Facebook Messenger widget
- When the user is not logged in to Facebook Messenger, show a native website widget
This is really useful and also a feature that other chatbot platforms don’t provide.
Moreover, you can also customize the native website widget so that it matches the branding on your website:
And also decide when you want to show the chat widget:
- Facebook website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a Facebook Widget on your website.
- Native website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a native widget (your own branding & colors) on your website.
- Landing pagesCan you create a simple landing page to drive users to your chatbot?
- Facebook AdsStart a conversation with your chatbot when someone clicks on a Facebook Ad
- One-Time NotificationSend one-time notifications via Facebook Messenger for a topic that a chatbot user has opted-in for
- Facebook comments auto-replyAutomatically reply with your chatbot to users who comment on your Facebook Posts
- Button creatorAdd a button to your website to drive users to your chatbot
- Custom URLs for your chatbotGenerate a simple URL that can be shared anywhere to send users to your chatbot
MobileMonkey provides a free plan, that you can use to create your own basic Instagram chatbot. It comes with enough features to test out the platform and decide whether it is a good fit for you. It includes 250 contacts per month, Mobile Monkey branding, automatically replying to story mentions and using 5 keywords.
The next pricing plan (Instachamp Platinum) is $9,95 per month for 500 brand-free messages per month, which also comes with 1,000 contacts, unlimited keywords, unlimited story mention replies and collecting phone numbers and emails. It is also important to understand that this channel still only includes Instagram:
If you want to extend to other channels (such as Facebook, your website and SMS) you need to go with the MobileMonkey Startup Edition, which is the most advanced plan of MobileMonkey and comes with almost all the features of the platform.
- Free trialDoes the chatbot platform provide a free trial?
- Free planDoes the chatbot platform provide a free plan?
- Price per monthWhat is the lowest price per month for creating a chatbot on this platform?9.95
- Monthly pricing available?Is it possible to pay monthly?
- Money back guaranteeIs there a money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the platform?
Mobile Monkey provides good analytics to improve your chatbot. It provides a dashboard with the total contacts, daily contacts and sessions, your most important dialogues, triggered keywords and unanswered questions:
One of the most important things here is that to you can analyze which questions didn’t get an answer of the chatbot. By analyzing this, you can easily improve the answers of your chatbot.
- DashboardDashboard that provides general analytics of your chatbot.
- User inputGet the input from users that your chatbot didn't understand.
- Sent messagesThe number of messages that were sent by your chatbot.
- Open rateThe percentage of chatbot users that opened a message inside your chatbot.
- Click rateThe percentage of chatbot users that click on a button inside your chatbot.
- Conversion rateThe percentage of users that converted through your chatbot. For example, the percentage of users that gave their email address
- Fall back rateThe percentage of interactions where the chatbot did not know an answer to a question.
- Custom dashboards/reportsCan you create your own dashboard or reports?
MobileMonkey does not have integrations with any eCommerce software.
But, because of the integration with Zapier, it is possible to connect MobileMonkey with your eCommerce platform (if that software has a Zapier integration as well).
- PaymentsCollect payments inside your chatbot
- ShopifyDirect integration with Shopify to get products, order information and cart data.
- WooCommerceDirect integration with WooCommerce to get products, order information and cart data.
- Buy directly within the chatbotAbility for chatbot users to buy products or services directly from a chatbot
- Cart abandonmentTrigger messages in the chatbot when a user abandons their cart on a website or inside the chatbot
Templates & Cloning
MobileMonkey provides 23 templates, which are all free.
Furthermore, they do provide a Template Sharing feature, but for this you need the Team plan, which is $299 per month (a little bit expensive).
Also, you can duplicate your chatbot flows and your chatbot elements.
- TemplatesHow many pre-built templates does the chatbot platform provide?23
- Make templateCan you make templates yourself?
- Share templateCan you share self-created templates with others?
- Duplicate chatbot flowsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot flows, so you can easily reuse them?
- Duplicate chatbot elementsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot elements, so you can easily reuse them?
It is not possible to do any optimization (like A/B testing) in MobileMonkey.
- A/B TestingCan you optimize your chatbot flows by performing A/B tests?
MobileMonkey has extensive tutorials on how to make chatbots.
Besides, they have good documentation and customer support if you have any questions.
- TutorialsDoes the chatbot platform provide tutorials on how to use its platform?
- DocumentationDoes the chatbot platform provide documentation on how to use its platform?
- Customer supportDoes the chatbot platform provide customer support?
So, should you buy Mobile Monkey to build your chatbots with?
Yes, you should.
MobileMonkey provides you with everything you need to build your chatbot. From a live chat integration (with mobile app), to keyword recognition, to a lot of chatbot elements, to various tools to grow your chatbot. MobileMonkey has almost everything you need to start with chatbots.
There are only a few drawbacks of Mobile Monkey:
- They do not provide a Visual Flow Builder
- It is not possible to use AI to improve the answers of your chatbot
- No eCommerce integrations
This blog about MobileMonkey has helped me a lot.
Thank you Lilliana! 🙂