SnatchBot says they have a “revolutionary platform” you can use to “create smart chatbots for multi-channel messaging”.
That seems really promising. But is this chatbot software worth it to buy? Let’s find that out in this review!
Table of Contents
When you are building your chatbot with Snatchbot, I must admit that their interface is not so easy to use.
In the beginning, it is really hard with building your chatbot flows and it seems like everything is all over the place.
For example, when I wanted to set up my first Welcome Message, I got this screen:
My initial thoughts were: “Where can I create buttons? How can I connect this to other flows? How can I ask user input?”
A lot of questions in my head weren’t answered by the interface itself.
As a result, I needed to dive deep into the Snatchbot documentation and watched a ton of their Youtube tutorials to fully understand their interface.
So to be honest, their interface is not really intuitive to use and it takes you some time to fully understand it. Definitely, a point that Snatchbot could improve.
On the other hand, a plus point is that you can test your chatbot in the interface.
- Visual Flow BuilderCreate chatbot dialogs with a visual flow builder.
- Test chatbotIs it possible to test the chatbot before putting your new flows or changes live?
- Interface easy to use?Is the chatbot platform easy-to-use?
- Easy to setup a chatbot?Is it easy to set up your chatbot with this chatbot platform?
SnatchBot has many elements you can use to create your chatbot flows.
But it also misses some important elements which are often used in chatbots: Attachments and Vertical Lists.
Nevertheless, you still got enough elements to create a good chatbot.
- DelaysUse delays between messages in your chatbot
- ImagesCan you send images via your chatbot?
- VideoCan you send video via your chatbot?
- AudioCan you send audio via your chatbot?
- AttachmentsCan you send attachments via your chatbot?
- Gallery (Horizontal list)Show a gallery of cards inside your chatbot. A card consists of an image, title, subtitle and button.
- Vertical listShow a vertical list of items inside your chatbot
- EmojisCan you use emojis inside your chatbot?
- Persistent MenuCan you add a persistent menu to your chatbot?
- Quick RepliesCan you add quick replies to your chatbot where users can click on?
- ButtonsCan you add buttons to your chatbot where users can click on?
- Free text inputCan chatbot users freely type text to your chatbot whenever they want to?
- Location sharingCan users share their location inside the chatbot?
- Email validationWhen a chatbot user gives their email, can the platform validate it's a correct email address?
- Phone number validationWhen a chatbot user gives their phone number, can the platform validate it's a correct phone number?
- Date validationWhen a chatbot user gives a date, can the platform validate it's a correct date?
With Snatchbot, you can add custom fields to your users. For example, you could ask their email and save the response in the custom field “Email”.
A little drawback is that you cannot see an overview of all the users of your chatbots. Likewise, you cannot make User Segments.
Another small disadvantage is that you cannot create tags. But this can be easily solved by using a custom field as a tag by setting it to “Yes” or “No”.
- Custom fieldsStore information from your chatbot users inside fields. For example, you can ask for someone's email and store it inside the "email" custom field.
- TagsAdd tags to users in your chatbot flows to organize and categorize contacts.
- User segmentsCan you create user segments based on custom fields and tags?
You can send broadcasts to all your users of a part of your users with SnatchBot.
And you can also create conditions inside your chatbot flows, by using certain logic.
On the other hand, you cannot use sequences or make a chatbot in multiple languages.
It is possible to make a chatbot in any language, but you cannot create a chatbot in multiple languages at the same time.
- BroadcastsSend a message to all or a part of your chatbot users at a specific date and time
- SequencesSend messages on a pre-defined schedule with a certain time interval between those messages
- ConditionsMake checks in your chatbot flow based on if-then logic. For example, if the user has not given their email, ask for their email.
- Multiple languagesIs it possible to create a chatbot in multiple languages?
- Easy to translateCan you translate text to other languages without using a third-party platform and without creating duplicate flows?
AI & NLP
Snatchbot has a built-in AI & NLP feature.
With that feature, you can make models for intent and entity recognition and set up appropriate responses for it:
When you click on “Samples”, you can determine the keywords an intent must match for:
So with Snatchbot, you can grab the intent of the user and use entities inside your chatbot, which is a great feature!
- KeywordsTrigger chatbot flow based on certain words or phrases a user says to the chatbot.
- IntentsTrigger a chatbot flow by understanding the intent of the user.
- EntitiesCapture specific information from sentences. For example, if a user says "veggie pizza", the chatbot can understand it's not a regular pizza, but a veggie pizza.
- Dialogflow integrationDoes the chatbot platform provide a direct integration with Google's AI Platform?
This is the best part of SnatchBot. With their chatbot software, you can set up a chatbot on a lot of different channels:
- Facebook Messenger
- SMS (Using Twilio)
So if you want to create an omnichannel experience for your users, SnatchBot is an excellent way to go!
- WebsiteCan you publish your chatbot on your website?
- Can you publish your chatbot on Facebook?
- Can you publish your chatbot on WhatsApp?
- TelegramCan you publish your chatbot on Telegram?
- SMSCan you publish your chatbot on SMS?
- SlackCan you publish your chatbot on Slack?
- SkypeCan you publish your chatbot on Skype?
- Can you publish your chatbot on email?
SnatchBot provides a built-in live chat, which is the most important integration of any chatbot software.
Moreover, they have an integration with Zapier, so you can connect your chatbot to almost every software on earth.
Furthermore, they provide a direct integration with Google Sheets and you can create your own webhooks using their API.
- LivechatDirect integration with live chat, either via a built-in live chat functionality or a third-party live chat platform.
- ZapierDirect integration with Zapier, one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Make (formerly Integromat)Direct integration with Make (formerly Integromat), one of the largest integration platforms in the world.
- Google SheetsDirect integration with Google Sheets, to store or retrieve data from sheets.
- WebhooksCan you call an API inside your chatbot flow to send or get data from other applications?
SnatchBot lacks a little bit on the Marketing side.
You can create a Facebook widget and a native widget on your website, which is pretty good.
With the native widget, you can style it completely to the branding of your website:
Moreover, you can create Send to Messenger buttons on your website, which will lead the user directly to your chatbot inside Facebook Messenger.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to create a landing page, connect your chatbot to Facebook ads, use the One-Time Notification, automatically reply to Facebook comments or create custom URLs to parts of your chatbot.
- Facebook website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a Facebook Widget on your website.
- Native website widgetEmbed your chatbot as a native widget (your own branding & colors) on your website.
- Landing pagesCan you create a simple landing page to drive users to your chatbot?
- Facebook AdsStart a conversation with your chatbot when someone clicks on a Facebook Ad
- One-Time NotificationSend one-time notifications via Facebook Messenger for a topic that a chatbot user has opted-in for
- Facebook comments auto-replyAutomatically reply with your chatbot to users who comment on your Facebook Posts
- Button creatorAdd a button to your website to drive users to your chatbot
- Custom URLs for your chatbotGenerate a simple URL that can be shared anywhere to send users to your chatbot
The pricing of SnatchBot is really attractive.
It includes a free plan with access to all the basic 5 features (Broadcasting, NLP, Live Chat, Detailed reports, All channels and SnatchBot templates), up to 5 Bots, 50.000 messages per month and SnatchBot Branding.
The first paid plan is $30 per month which comes with a limit of 10.000 messages in which you get everything in the free plan plus customizing design, premium support, advanced analytics, premium plugins and a HootSuite integration.
From that point on, they have 8 different plans:
- Free trialDoes the chatbot platform provide a free trial?
- Free planDoes the chatbot platform provide a free plan?
- Price per monthWhat is the lowest price per month for creating a chatbot on this platform?30
- Monthly pricing available?Is it possible to pay monthly?
- Money back guaranteeIs there a money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the platform?
The free analytics of SnatchBot seem really straightforward: the number of messages, messages by channels and the most recent messages in one dashboard:
If you with the Pro plan, you get access to the Advanced Analytics, which include:
- Number of messages per users
- Average lifetime of your chatbots
- Extracted data
- Popular interactions
- Bot activity
I still think of these analytics a bit minimal. For example, you cannot analyze the messages your chatbot didn’t understand which makes it really hard to improve the answers of your chatbot.
- DashboardDashboard that provides general analytics of your chatbot.
- User inputGet the input from users that your chatbot didn't understand.
- Sent messagesThe number of messages that were sent by your chatbot.
- Open rateThe percentage of chatbot users that opened a message inside your chatbot.
- Click rateThe percentage of chatbot users that click on a button inside your chatbot.
- Conversion rateThe percentage of users that converted through your chatbot. For example, the percentage of users that gave their email address
- Fall back rateThe percentage of interactions where the chatbot did not know an answer to a question.
- Custom dashboards/reportsCan you create your own dashboard or reports?
SnatchBot has a PayPal integration that you can use to receive payments within your chatbot.
Unfortunately, SnatchBot doesn’t have any integrations with other software, such as Shopify or WooCommerce.
- PaymentsCollect payments inside your chatbot
- ShopifyDirect integration with Shopify to get products, order information and cart data.
- WooCommerceDirect integration with WooCommerce to get products, order information and cart data.
- Buy directly within the chatbotAbility for chatbot users to buy products or services directly from a chatbot
- Cart abandonmentTrigger messages in the chatbot when a user abandons their cart on a website or inside the chatbot
Templates & Cloning
SnatchBot provides 73 templates inside their SnatchBot Store that you can use to build your chatbot with.
However, you cannot make these templates yourself and share them with others.
On the other hand, you can duplicate your chatbot flows and chatbot elements to easily reuse them.
- TemplatesHow many pre-built templates does the chatbot platform provide?73
- Make templateCan you make templates yourself?
- Share templateCan you share self-created templates with others?
- Duplicate chatbot flowsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot flows, so you can easily reuse them?
- Duplicate chatbot elementsIs it possible to duplicate chatbot elements, so you can easily reuse them?
With SnatchBot, you cannot do any kind of optimization, such as A/B Testing.
- A/B TestingCan you optimize your chatbot flows by performing A/B tests?
SnatchBot provides video tutorials and documentation on how to use their platform.
Moreover, they also provide customer support when you get stuck.
- TutorialsDoes the chatbot platform provide tutorials on how to use its platform?
- DocumentationDoes the chatbot platform provide documentation on how to use its platform?
- Customer supportDoes the chatbot platform provide customer support?
So, should you buy Snatchbot to create your chatbots?
To be honest, I am not quite sure.
The good parts of SnatchBot:
- You can add custom fields to your users
- Possible to send broadcasts
- Use conditions in your chatbot flows
- Built-in AI & NLP
- You can put your chatbot on 10 different channels
- Built-in live chat
- Zapier integration
- You can receive payments within your chatbot
- Low pricing
And some disadvantages:
- Interface is hard to use and takes some time to understand it
- Cannot send sequences to your users
- Limited marketing possibilities
- Minimal analytics
To me, the choice for SnatchBot really depends on the needs of your chatbot project.
But overall, I would say that if you are a beginner with building chatbots, I would not recommend SnatchBot. If you are already more advanced and SnatchBot fit your needs, this is the way to go.